Thursday, November 14, 2013

Page 3


She ignored my shock and just gave that bright smile again.

“Oh Master this is just a phantasm so that you could speak to me. I truly appreciate your concern. You are truly a kind master, just as he promised to find me.” Her musical voice was quite pleasant and soothing, I decided, even if it was a bit loud. What she said just confused me more so I picked my next question. What little wisdom I had told me I better take this one thing at a time.

OK, so you are just a phantasm. So where are you?” I asked completely bewildered.
She put her hand to her mouth and giggled girlishly, her eyes dancing. I noticed the light danced right along with them.

“Silly master, I am on your lap.” She said after a moment.

My lap? I looked down at the staff, and saw that the light it gave off. Then I made the connection. 

Beautiful woman’s eyes match light in chamber. Light in chamber matches light given off of staff. Beautiful woman says she is on my lap, but the staff is on my lap. Beautiful woman is staff?

Shaking my head, I decided to just ask.

“So you are the staff.” I said slowly, pausing between each word.

She giggled again. “Of course Master. What else would I be.” 

“Of course shes the staff Richard, stop being an idiot.” I mumbled to myself. 

“Oh Master you can not be an idiot. You heard the song, and managed to answer it, so you are most assuredly not an idiot.” She had leaned forward again, extremely close to my face. Sincere adoration showed in her expression. More than just adoration, love. This was so weird.

“And I became your master by answering the song and claiming you. I think I am insane.” I replied.
Her eyes became stricken.

“Oh no Master, you are not insane. I am so sorry if the song made you think you were. Your journey must have truly be horrible. Oh my Master, I swear that you will not regret it though.” She cried out. I saw glistening tears form at the corner of those beautiful eyes.

Unthinkingly I reached out to wipe the tears away,only to once again pass through her and nearly fall over. Managed to stay upright that time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment